Sunday, November 16, 2014

Mark Fulk's Statement

Mark Fulk, Buffalo State College SUNY :

I am an associate professor with a specialty in Eighteenth-Century British Literature and Feminist and Queer Studies.  I have published one book (Understanding May Sarton, University of South Carolina Press, 2001) and articles on various topics including John Dryden, Charlotte Smith, Jane Austen, Stephen Sondheim, and Philip Roth.  I am currently working on a book-length study of Susan Sontag's essays.  I been at SUNY Buffalo State for 13 years.  I have served on various conference organizing bodies, including being executive president of The Aphra Behn Society for Women in the Arts, 1660-1830.  In my capacity on these various boards, I have helped to organize seven academic conferences.  I am interested in serving on the NeMLA board because I have attended several NeMLA conferences and find them very high quality and want to continue this tradition.  In particular, I would like to see more of a space made at NeMLA for discussion and application of Literary Theory and Aesthetic Philosophy, as many of us use this material in significant ways in our writing and teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment