Sunday, November 16, 2014

Michael Blouin's Statement

Michael J. Blouin is an Assistant Professor in English and the Humanities at Milligan College. His work has appeared in peer-reviewed journals including Extrapolation and The Journal of American Studies, among others. His monograph, Japan and the Cosmopolitan Gothic: Specters of Modernity (Palgrave Macmillan, 2013), analyzes the depictions of Japan as a supernatural entity in American literature and film. He also recently led a successful effort to launch an Honors Program at Milligan College, a program that he currently co-directs.

Background with NeMLA:
I have participated in the NeMLA annual conferences for the past five years. I have chaired a number of panels on topics ranging from Nuclear Criticism in the United States to Charles Brockden Brown. My goal for serving on the Board of Directors is to continue to strengthen the organization. From working the registration table to serving on the Book Award Committee to fielding question/concerns following a conference, I am willing and eager to assist in any capacity. While I look forward to learning from the diverse members of the Board, I believe that my experiences as a chairperson at the conference as well as the designer/co-director of Milligan’s Honors Program positions me well to work on behalf of the organization. Thank you for your consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment